VIETLINK GLOBAL believes
that when you use any VIETLINK GLOBAL product or service, you should understand
when and how personal information is collected, used, disclosed and protected.
VIETLINK GLOBAL CUSTOMER
INFORMATION PRIVACY PRINCIPLES
VIETLINK GLOBAL protects the privacy of its customers consistent with applicable law, such as the Federal Communications Commission's (FCC's) regulations that govern Customer Proprietary Network Information (CPNI).
CPNI is information VIETLINK GLOBAL obtains or creates when it provides telecommunications services to a customer. CPNI includes the types of services purchased, how the services are used, and the billing detail for those services. CPNI includes, for example, the number and type of lines, class of service, current charges, calling plans, call detail records, and bill summary. The FCC does not deem a customer's name, service address or telephone number to be CPNI, consistent with the publication of this information in telephone directories. If you are a new customer of VIETLINK GLOBAL, you will receive a notice of your CPNI rights and further information on this topic from VIETLINK GLOBAL. When you have not already given VIETLINK GLOBAL your permission to use CPNI for certain marketing purposes, VIETLINK GLOBAL will give you 33 days after soliciting your consent before using your CPNI and VIETLINK GLOBAL will follow your directions if you choose not to provide your consent.
VIETLINK GLOBAL does not disclose CPNI outside VIETLINK GLOBAL or its authorized agents without customer consent, except as required or permitted by law. When VIETLINK GLOBAL uses agents, contractors, or other companies to perform services on its behalf, VIETLINK GLOBAL requires that they protect CPNI or other sensitive personal information consistent with these Privacy Principles.
In the context of these Privacy Principles, personal information is information that is directly associated with a person such as his or her name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, activities and preferences. Nonpublic personal information generally means a subset of personal information, which is sensitive and not publicly available, such as credit card number, social security number, and bank account information. Publicly available information is information that is typically available from governmental records, telephone and other public directories, widely distributed media such as newspapers and radio, and from companies that provide demographic or marketing materials to others as a part of their business. Publicly available information includes contact information, such as name, address, telephone number, email address, activities, and preferences.
These principles apply generally within VIETLINK GLOBAL.
1. VIETLINK GLOBAL creates, obtains, and uses your personal information to provide you the products and services you order, and to present you with product and service offerings that we believe may interest you.
2. VIETLINK GLOBAL provides its customers opportunities to control whether VIETLINK GLOBAL (a) uses CPNI to sell them different categories of communications-related products and services, as well as non-communications related products and services, and (b) contacts them with offers on products and services.
3. VIETLINK GLOBAL does not disclose CPNI and other nonpublic personal information (such as credit card numbers), without your consent or direction, except to business partners involved in providing VIETLINK GLOBAL service to customers, or as required or permitted by law. When VIETLINK GLOBAL discloses CPNI or other nonpublic personal information to business partners, the VIETLINK GLOBAL contract with the business partner protects the nonpublic personal information from uses outside of those necessary to assist in providing VIETLINK GLOBAL service. VIETLINK GLOBAL will disclose CPNI and other nonpublic customer information as specifically directed by customers, such as when a customer has made another company the agent of the customer for purposes of arranging service.
4. VIETLINK GLOBAL endeavors to make CPNI and other nonpublic personal information contained in its records available to customers through its customer service representatives.
5. All VIETLINK GLOBAL associates are covered by a code of conduct, which makes them responsible for ensuring the privacy of CPNI and other nonpublic personal information.
These five Privacy Principles explain VIETLINK GLOBAL's commitment to protecting the privacy of nonpublic personal information. In order to serve customers, VIETLINK GLOBAL must develop, obtain and use sensitive nonpublic personal information and VIETLINK GLOBAL recognizes that its customers are rightfully concerned that their information be used for only appropriate purposes and that their nonpublic personal information be protected from inappropriate use or disclosure. VIETLINK GLOBAL's goal is simple: to balance the interests and concerns of our customers dealing with privacy of their information with their interest in receiving quality service and information about useful new products.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We collect personal information about users of our products or services in the normal course of our business. This is how we know where to send you a bill for service, for example, or to ensure you are qualified for the service plan you select, or to identify you when you call for customer assistance. The information we collect also helps us improve and keep you informed of new services and products.
Personal information is information that is directly associated with a specific person such as his or her name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, activities, and personal preferences. Our definition of personal information does not include de-identified information. This is information that we collect about users, a category of services, or customers and from which any personal information has been removed. This data helps us understand trends and customer needs so that we can better consider new services or tailor existing services to customer desires. De-identified data also might be purchased by or shared with a third party: for example, one interested in locating a business in a particular part of town.
For our business and government customers, our customer is the business or government entity purchasing the service or product for its employees or other authorized users. If you receive certain pricing, terms or other benefits through a business or government customer's agreement with us, this Policy governs your personal information. If the business or government customer requests information about your account or usage of the services, we may share such information. For example, we may need to provide such information to determine your continued eligibility to receive the services under an agreement or the law, such as in the case of priority access.
Here are some examples of the types of personal and other information we collect and when we collect it. You should refer to the rest of this Policy to see how we use, disclose and protect that information:
Information You Give Us: We collect personal information you give us when you purchase an VIETLINK GLOBAL product or use our services. When you purchase phones, accessories, or services, we may request information about you, such as the following types of information:
• Shipping and/or billing address
• Credit card number or account number
• Residential or business phone or fax number
• Email address
• Date of birth
• Social Security Number
• Driver's license number
For corporate accounts, we may ask you for one or more of the following types of information:
• Federal Tax ID
• Company name
• Other information your employer may ask us to collect, such as purchase order number, employee number, and the like
When you register for any of our services, you may provide us with a user name, password, and/or response to a secret question.
You may provide information in response to surveys we conduct online or offline. If this information is connected directly to your identity, it is personal information under this Policy. Otherwise, it may be used in de-identified (or aggregate) form as described below.
You may also provide us with personal information whenever you interact with us, such as when you ask for customer service or technical assistance, or when you submit a job application.
You may have heard about "customer proprietary network information" or "CPNI." In general, this is information about your phone usage, which is a special category of personal information. A special section below explains your CPNI rights in detail.
Automatically Collected Information: We automatically receive certain types of information whenever you interact with us through our Website. For example, when you visit a www.Vietlinkglobal.com website, our systems automatically collect your IP address, the type of browser you use, and the website from which your visit originated.
Information from Other Sources: We may obtain information about you from outside sources and add it to or combine it with your personal information. For example, we may receive credit information when you initially subscribe for service. We also may use commercially available marketing information from third parties to help us better serve you or inform you about products or services that we think will be of interest to you. We sometimes receive updated delivery and address information from our shippers or other sources so that we can correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily. We often receive information from the dealer from whom you purchase your wireless phone or device prior to initiating service with us. We may receive personal information from those application service providers that bring you services through the VIETLINK GLOBAL-provided network and with whom you subscribe. (You should always check the privacy policies of other service providers to ensure you understand your privacy choices before subscribing to any service.) And, we may purchase lists containing your personal information (postal address, phone number(s), and email address(es) from third parties for advertising purposes. Information we purchase from others is not protected as non-public personal information under this Policy.
CHILDREN'S ONLINE PRIVACY
VIETLINK GLOBAL understands that parents often purchase our products and services for family use, including for use by minors. You should be aware, however, that our products and services purchased for family use may be used by children under 13 without VIETLINK GLOBAL's knowledge. If that happens, any information collected from the usage will appear to be the personal information of the actual adult subscriber and treated as such under this Policy.
VIETLINK GLOBAL services are not intended for children and VIETLINK GLOBAL does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
VIETLINK GLOBAL uses the information you provide for the purpose it was provided in the normal course of our business and to provide you with marketing communications, as detailed below. The following explains in more detail how we use personal information.
1. Internal Business Use. Your personal information is used in many aspects of our business operations. We use personal information to provide you the services you request, to properly identify you when you contact us, to bill and collect for services, to ensure your creditworthiness for continued service, to determine appropriate state and local payment of taxes, to protect our rights or property, or to enforce the terms of any agreements or terms of service. We use personal information to communicate with you about your account or other matters, our services or products you use, or to respond to your requests.
2. Marketing Communications. VIETLINK GLOBAL uses personal information such as your address, telephone number and e-mail address to inform you about new products and services. We may contact you at your wireless, residential or business phone numbers, by email or text message, via fax or automated voice messaging and by direct mail. However, if you are an VIETLINK GLOBAL subscriber and want to change your preferences for receiving marketing communications, you may call us at the customer service number shown on your bill. If you choose not to receive email or telephone marketing information from us, you will continue to receive invoices, customer service-related notifications, technical or network-related notifications and similar information from us electronically or otherwise.
3. Do-Not-Call Policy. VIETLINK GLOBAL is committed to protecting your privacy and complies with all applicable laws and regulations regarding "Do Not Call" lists. These laws generally permit companies to contact their own customers even though such customers are listed on the federal and, in some instances, state "Do Not Call" lists. If you do not want to receive sales calls from VIETLINK GLOBAL, you can ask us to place your telephone number on VIETLINK GLOBAL's "Do Not Call" list by calling us at the customer service number shown on your invoice. In compliance with federal and state laws, we'll process your request immediately although you should allow up to 30 days for your telephone number to be removed from any sales programs that are currently underway. Being on VIETLINK GLOBAL's "Do Not Call" list means that you won't receive sales calls from anybody representing VIETLINK GLOBAL. We may still contact you however, for non-solicitation purposes which would include things like billing, service related matters and surveys. You'll remain on our "Do Not Call" list for five years, unless you ask to be removed. If your telephone number ever changes, you must give us your new information for your "do not call" status to remain in effect.
VIETLINK GLOBAL checks the telephone numbers of residential non-subscribers on the national and state do-not-call registries, and current customers on the VIETLINK GLOBAL Do Not Call list and does not call persons who have put their numbers on those registries, except as otherwise permitted by law. For example, VIETLINK GLOBAL may contact former customers or others with whom the company has an established business relationship unless they are listed on our internal do-not-call list. If you are not an VIETLINK GLOBAL customer but want to be placed on VIETLINK GLOBAL's Do Not Call list, you may do so by calling 1-888-581-1791.
4. Preference Advertising. VIETLINK GLOBAL may use information such as the websites you visit or online searches that you conduct to deliver or facilitate the delivery of targeted advertisements. The delivery of these advertisements will be based on anonymous surfing behavior and will not include users' names, email addresses, telephone numbers, or any other Personally Identifiable Information.
You may choose to opt out of this preference advertising service. By opting out, you will continue to receive advertisements as normal; but these advertisements will be less relevant and less useful to you. If you would like to opt out, contact VIETLINK GLOBAL by sending an email to Info@vietlinkglobal.com.
5. Email. VIETLINK GLOBAL maintains a "do-not-email" list for those recipients of commercial email messages from VIETLINK GLOBAL who have opted out of such communications. You may opt out of email by calling our Customer Care representatives at the number shown on your bill, or by following the opt-out instructions in the email for up to 30 days after receipt. VIETLINK GLOBAL will honor your request within ten (10) business days. Remember, you may still receive customer-service or account-related messages from VIETLINK GLOBAL. VIETLINK GLOBAL is not responsible for commercial email messages sent by unauthorized third parties, including those who purport to be selling VIETLINK GLOBAL products or services but do not have our permission.
VIETLINK GLOBAL or its agents may store e-mail messages for a brief period of time. VIETLINK GLOBAL or its partners may, without legal process, access and disclose the messages to protect both an individual during emergencies, or VIETLINK GLOBAL from unlawful or fraudulent use of its services. Additionally, you may store some information, such as pictures, for longer periods of time. VIETLINK GLOBAL may access and disclose such media without legal process to protect an individual during emergencies, or VIETLINK GLOBAL from unlawful or fraudulent use of its services.
6. Direct Mail. Personal accountholders may request not to receive promotional direct mail from us by calling our Customer Care representatives at the number shown on your bill. Of course, you will still receive account-related information (such as your invoice) by mail.
7. Facsimile. VIETLINK GLOBAL does not send commercial information by fax, unless you request such information to be sent by fax. You may call our Customer Care representatives at the number shown on your bill if you believe you have received an unwanted fax from VIETLINK GLOBAL. Our business and government customers should contact their account representative. VIETLINK GLOBAL is not responsible for commercial fax messages sent by unauthorized third parties, including those who purport to be selling VIETLINK GLOBAL products or services but who do not have our permission.
8. Customer Proprietary Network Information ("CPNI"). There are special rules related to the access, use and disclosure of customer proprietary network information or "CPNI." This Policy incorporates those rules throughout. You have a right, and VIETLINK GLOBAL has a duty, under the law, to ensure the confidentiality of CPNI. In other circumstances, we may also disclose your CPNI as required or permitted by law. Those circumstances are described in the Disclosure of Personal Information section noted below.
Your name, address and phone number are not CPNI, but otherwise are covered by this Policy.
We may use your CPNI to market additional communications and data products and services similar to the types you currently purchase from us. With your opt-out permission we may also market additional products and services we and our partners sell. We may also use CPNI to contact former customers when permitted by law. And, to provide your service, we may use and disclose CPNI to our agents, affiliates, joint venture partners and independent contractors, but we restrict their use and limit disclosure of CPNI for purposes or providing service to you or to market products and services as previously described. We will also prohibit the third party from further disclosing the CPNI except as required or permitted by law and require the third party to implement safeguards to protect the confidentiality of the CPNI. If you are a new customer of VIETLINK GLOBAL, you will receive a notice of your CPNI rights and further information on this topic from VIETLINK GLOBAL. When you have not already given VIETLINK GLOBAL your permission to use CPNI for marketing purposes, VIETLINK GLOBAL will give you 33 days after soliciting your consent before using your CPNI and VIETLINK GLOBAL will follow your directions if you choose not to provide your consent.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
This section of the Policy explains when personal information may be disclosed.
Vendors. We may share personal information with a third party to complete a transaction you have requested or to perform a service on our behalf. When the third party acts solely on our behalf, VIETLINK GLOBAL does not allow it to use your information for other purposes. For example, our vendors process and print your billing statement on our behalf. They can only use the personal information we give them to produce the billing statement.
Your Disclosures to Third Parties Through Our Services. You may also want to take advantage of services and products offered by other VIETLINK GLOBAL’s partners. In those cases, you will be providing information to those companies directly, and information about you received by those third parties will be governed by their privacy policies, not this Policy. Whenever third parties have a role in any business transactions with you, you should review their privacy policies as well.
Contests and Promotions. From time to time, you may be able to participate in contests, giveaways or other similar promotions we sponsor. Participation may require sharing your personal information with a sponsor of the contest, giveaway, or promotion, and you should check the rules to determine how your information will be used and shared with others. Some states also require that contest winners be filed with a state agency.
Business Transfers. Information about our users, including personal information, may be disclosed as part of any merger, acquisition, sale of company assets or transition of service to another provider, as well as in the unlikely event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership in which personal information would be transferred as one of the business assets of the company.
Protection of VIETLINK GLOBAL and Others. We disclose personal information when we believe release is permitted or required by law (e.g., legal process, E911 information); to enforce or apply our customer agreements; to initiate, render, bill, and collect for services; protect our rights or property, or those of users of our services; to protect other service providers from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful use of, or subscription to, such services; facilitate or verify the appropriate calculation of taxes, fees, or other obligations due to a local, state, or federal government requirement, or eligibility for government benefits; or if we reasonably believe that an emergency involving immediate danger of death or serious physical injury to any person requires disclosure of communications or justifies disclosure of records without delay.
COOKIES AND WEB BEACONS ON THE WEBSITE
We also use a session-based cookie that maintains a user's session for continuity of navigation while viewing the site. After closing the browser the session cookie simply terminates.
With wireless Internet service, cookies are also used by our suppliers and third party vendors to facilitate the various services and information offered. Depending on the phone or device being used, cookies may be stored locally on the phone or device, or on servers operated by VIETLINK GLOBAL. This Internet cookie-like functionality is in place for the same reasons and designed for the same purposes as cookies placed on your computer when interacting with Internet Websites. Each site you visit while using the wireless Internet service is controlled by a separate company and their individual privacy policies will govern information they receive automatically from the cookie or information you voluntarily provide.
A Web beacon, also known as a Web bug, is a small, graphic image on a Web page, Web-based document or in an e-mail message that is designed to allow the site owner or a third party to monitor the address and other information of the site viewing the item. Web beacons are often invisible to the user because they are typically very small (only 1-by-1 pixel) and the same color as the background of the Web page, document or e-mail message. Web beacons are represented as HTML IMG tags in the Web page; users can click on "view profiles" of the Web page to see whether the page is using a Web beacon. Web beacons collect the IP address of the computer to which the Web beacon is sent, the URL of the page from which the Web beacon comes, and the time it was viewed. Web beacons can also be linked to personal information.
VIETLINK GLOBAL may place Web beacons on its site in conjunction with cookies to monitor how visitors are navigating and/or interacting with the site. VIETLINK GLOBAL does not link Web beacons to a visitor's personal information and generally does not permit third parties, other than those working on our behalf, to place them on our site.
VIETLINK GLOBAL PLACEMENT OF BANNER ADS ON OTHER WEBSITES
NETWORK AND INFORMATION SECURITY
We maintain a variety of physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to guard your personal information. For example, we take a variety of steps to protect against unauthorized access to our systems that store personal information such as policies limiting access to those systems to authorized personnel.
When you are ordering new services or products through the VIETLINK GLOBAL Website, we employ the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol for the transmission of the information from you to us. Also, we use encryption technologies to protect your account information when you are viewing your bill on our Website or via email. You should be aware that VIETLINK GLOBAL has no control over the security of other sites on the Internet you might visit, interact with, or from which you buy products or services.
You should keep your user name, password or other access information safe and confidential to protect against unauthorized access to your account information and services. And you must adopt passwords that others may not guess easily.
RETENTION OF INFORMATION
VIETLINK GLOBAL retains all of the information it collects under this Policy for as long as there is a business need for it. In addition, we have a record retention policy that generally implements the broad range of regulatory requirements imposed on service providers for recordkeeping.
CHECKING ACCOUNT INFORMATION FOR ACCURACY AND ACCESSING YOUR
To change your contact, phone, account or e-mail preference information, visit the "My Account" section of our Website. Enter your Account Number or User Name as prompted and, when asked, enter your Password. If you have forgotten your User Name or Password, on-line helps are provided.
UPDATING THIS POLICY
VIETLINK GLOBAL will update this Policy if our practices change or if the law requires changes to it. If at any point we decide to use personally identifiable information in a manner that is materially different from what was stated at the time it was collected, we will notify you via posting on this page for 30 days before the material change is made and give you an opportunity to opt out of the proposed use at any time.
California residential customers of a VIETLINK GLOBAL company have a right to obtain a list of personal information that VIETLINK GLOBAL may have disclosed to other VIETLINK GLOBAL companies for marketing purposes or to unaffiliated third parties for their own marketing purposes. In California, VIETLINK GLOBAL offers long distance wireline telephone service to consumers through VIETLINK GLOBAL Communications, Inc. VIETLINK GLOBAL, as authorized by the Federal Communications Commission, shares personal information between its affiliates and marketing agents for its own marketing purposes.
A California customer may contact VIETLINK GLOBAL and request the general list of information shared and the companies among which it is shared. This request may be sent electronically to Support@Vietlinkglobal.com. VIETLINK GLOBAL will respond to these requests for the list within 30 days. Written requests may be sent to Customer Service, VIETLINK GLOBAL, 14331 Euclid St. Suite 102, Garden Grove, CA 92843. Requests for this information that come to VIETLINK GLOBAL through other channels may result in a delayed response.